As an avid gamer, you must have heard word going around about the prestigious gaming chairs. These are different from your regular chairs in that they offer more versatility and comfort allowing you to engage in your favourite gaming for hours without feeling tired or compromising your health.
Today, there exist numerous options that allow you to pick the chair that you think can cater to your needs best. If you are confused about the gaming chair to purchase, have a look at this guide to help you make an informed decision.
If you are like most people, you may want to know the price of a comfortable gaming chair before committing to invest in the product. Truthfully, you can get a chair for as low as $50. However, if you are looking to get a quality chair that will serve you for ages offering you all the perks that a great gaming chair should extend, be prepared to spend anywhere from $200-$400.
This is the price range where you can expect to identify a gaming chair that that combines quality workmanship, excellent sitting comfort, top-grade materials, and hopefully a budget that will not dent your wallet too much. There are numerous factors that determine the price of a gaming chair such as:
The Level of Movement
Some manufacturers want their clients to experience the best of ergonomics when they take the gaming chair home. This is why they create chairs that facilitate plenty of movement. This is a wise move because it helps to combat the harmful effects that come with a sedentary lifestyle.
These are chairs that allow you to adjust a number of things which may include the height of the seat, armrests, backrest angle, and reclining levels among many others. This way, you are not forced to sit put in one position all day or night something that may end causing you health problems that could have been avoided in the first place. The chairs also come with wheels that allow you to move around without having to get up.
The material of the gaming chairs is considered a huge pricing factor. A chair that is made from authentic leather will definitely cost more than the one using faux leather or other materials like PVC. This is because genuine leather makes durable covers that are waterproof and highly breathable.
The firmness of the padded foam will also contribute to the selling price. It is recommended that you go for a product with cold foam padding which is known to offer reliable cushioning because it retains its sturdiness and shape for longer periods. The material used to make the chair will also determine its longevity. A gaming chair that is made from high-quality material will last more than the one made from sub-standard materials.
There are times when it may not be possible to easily distinguish the gaming chairs from let’s say regular office chairs. This is because there are some plain ones that do not really offer much hence available at lower prices than what their counterparts have to offer. On the other hand, some gaming chairs have plenty to offer in regards to additional features that help to make the gaming experience more enjoyable. This is where you can find a single chair with features like:
- Multiple device compatibility – These are chairs that are designed to help you connect to numerous gaming devices enhancing interactive gaming sessions. Always go for the one that can work with various models and brands to achieve optimal receptiveness.
- Wireless connectivity – These are chairs that can connect to gaming consoles via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Lumbar and neck support cushions – These are very crucial features that can help you achieve the correct sitting posture helping you take care of your spine.
- Built-in technologies – The market has some fully fledged chairs you can use for gaming that allow you to experience vibration action or even listen to music as you are busy with your games. There are some that permit users to control their games. Some chairs even allow you to mimic various actions that may include driving or flying.
Style of the Chairs for Gaming
The design of the gaming chair you opt for can also determine how much you will end up paying for the product. This is usually a matter of preference where gamers have the opportunity to choose the style they love. Options you may have when it comes to the style include:
- Chairs with a racing style – These are specially made for racing gaming activities and are among the best-selling chairs for racing. Manufacturers go the extra mile to deliver innovative designs that provide comfortable fatigue-free gaming sessions. A majority stimulate the cockpit in racing cars complete with a steering wheel and in some cases a gear shifter mount.
- Pedestal gaming chairs – These are gaming chairs that come mounted on a pedestal that the product uses to rock and swivel. They normally have high comfort levels and are great gaming partners.
- Video game rockers – These are ideal for people who want to sit on the floor as they play their games.
More established and well-known brands that have been around for years tend to have higher prices than the ones trying to penetrate the market. This is because, in most cases, clients already know that they produce high-quality products and would choose their gaming chairs without blinking. Often, you are advised to go for a chair that comes from a trustworthy manufacturer because they are less likely to disappoint since they want to remain industry leaders for the longest time possible.
At the end of the day, it is good to understand that you will be getting what you pay for. The price of a good chair can determine its comfort levels and quality. This is, however, not to say that you should go for the most expensive options because there are some decently prized chairs that will serve their purpose incredibly well.