Have you ever thought that color is one of the most important aspects that need to consider when you arrange to ? How to choose Colors for a Bedroom is one frequent question that we always put, the effect of color on the psyche being a topic widely debated and color psychology has demonstrated that perception, thoughts and how we react are influenced by the colors around us.
The colors and their meanings have evolved through the centuries and each of us noticed that when you are in a room, wall colors and objects affects us. Our moods can change from one shade to another. Whether a classic design or a , color plays an important role and it’s more about personal preferences of each of us, reflecting our style and mood. We choose a certain color because we like the color, we saw another room decorated with the same color scheme or because they are trends in interior decoration. Some people decide hard when it comes to choosing colors for the interior because they don’t know just where to start.
Interior designers tend to use color psychology to provide different style rooms, colors that induce the desired mood. The bedroom is the room where a person wants to spend quality time, possibly to stay alone and relax at the end of the day. For exemple, designers choose for bedroom certain colors and to provide a calm, relaxed and peaceful sleep.
Choosing the right shades for the bedroom depends on the condition that you want to induce. Before opting for a certain combination of colors in the bedroom keep in mind this:
- In recent years, neutral colors have become a real trend in bedroom arrangement. Bright or Matt shades of cream, beige, brown are very popular. Neutral colors are a good choice for bedrooms especially because they can be successfully combined with almost any other color.
- The best wall colors for bedroom, as they make the room look peaceful: blue, lavender, green tones or even pink tones for children rooms if you want to create a relaxing and calm environment. Green means energy, calm, balance, security, stability and nature.
Blue produces a sense of calm, loyalty, serenity, authority, protection, contemplation, stimulates thinking, delay hunger and prevent nightmares. Purple is associated with fertility, happiness, creativity, but you have to use it in combination with other colors because it’s a hard color.
By applying such colors small bedrooms can be made to look larger. You can combine these with some pastel colors to cheer up the room. For exemple, if you’re looking for creating a calm and peaceful yet classic environment, use aqua green mixed with mocha or dusty rose combined with light gray.
- It is recommended to avoid shades of dark gray for the bedroom, because they can induce a state of sadness and depression stress.
- Although they are not always recommended for a bedroom, you can choose also orange, yellow or red tones but be aware that you should use lighter shades of these colors because using darker or brighter shades will made your bedroom to look too overwhelming. Don’t use such colors in small bedrooms as they’ll make them even smaller. If you really want to use these colors choose for example to decorate one wall and the basic color to be neutral. You also can use them in all sort of combination depending on the mood you’re looking to create. For example, to deliver a fresh yet invigorating feeling to your room, choose for sunny yellows with warm grays, or light corals with crisp neutrals. Combination of warm shades such as gold, wine, slate brown and teal help make a room feel both inviting and relaxing at the same time.
- Use accessories such as plants, decorative pillows, chairs to enhance the color scheme that you have chosen.
- White can be a perfect choice for bedrooms, especially if you have a more limited budget. Remember, use some accessories in pastel colors to cheer a white bedroom.
- The color of the bedroom walls should also complement the color of the bedroom furniture.
- The color of the bedroom should also complement the of your home.
Maybe you are thinking to improve your bedroom appearance and to change the atmosphere or you want to completely change its design, changing the colors would be a good starting point. So, have you thought what colour would you choose for your bedroom?
Take a look of some ideas for choose bedroom colors :